Friday, November 14, 2008

BUBBA FREER'S BIRTHDAY!!



I think I'm still in shock over the fact that my baby is going to bed as a 6yr old boy and he's waking up a big 7yr old. I know it is hard to believe that are little man has succeeded to show us just how hard he is willing to fight, as he now surpasses the diagnosis of 1yr death by 6years!!
Everyday we have him ,I thank our father in heaven for one more day, And then can't hellp but admire Brax for keeping up an amazing strength.
But when it comes to birthdays, I have to admit the tears come freely. It is so amazing to see how not only Brax but John, Aleksia, and I have grown through the year. I like to think through the last 7 years {and I'm still praying to forget the bad memories of hospitals, life and death decisions and everything else that was horrible} of all the memories Brax's birthday symbolizes. I don't think any of us felt love like we truly feel it now. We had little knowledge of perfection until he came to us. We now know not to take any moment for granted like we did before Brax. We have realized that the love we get from Brax is the pure unconditional love of Christ. He is the ultimate security blanket for keeping your spirit warm. No matter what the problems you have, just snuggling with him for a few minutes sends them away, and a peacefulness is left behind. I love our little miracle more then words can express. He has given so much and asks of nothing. He is truly one of my greatest inspirations in life. Brax is my personal miracle. He is my greatest hero and strength. We love you Bubba and wish you a wonderful year of growth.
Love,
Mom

8 comments:

chelle said...

What a wonderful post. You made me cry. What a miracle he is. I feel his peace and can't wait to touch his hair whenever I see him. Great post. Happy 7th birthday Brax.

Tara James said...

I just love ya. I wish I got to see you more. I love reading about Brax. Thank you for the great example you set for me. I am grateful for the blessing he has been in your lifes and everyone around you. What an amazing family!! Happy Happy Birthday Brax.

grandma said...

He is AMAZING and so is the rest of your family. I will never forget the day he had on those overalls and he truly looked like a "Bubba". Dad
said 'the second pic. reminded him of the day the lady in the store got so mad at you for letting your baby get so "obese".We wish him a "happy birthday" and love to all of you.
p.s. you made me cry too and we all know how hard that is.

Anonymous said...

Your bringing out the tears Amie! Touching post. Are you coming here for the holidays?
Take care,
Holly

Sam and Holly said...

Amie you're bringing out the tears! Touching post. Coming here for the holidays? Happy Birthday Brax!

Jo said...

Wow I can't believe he is 7. What an amazing child he is and a great example he is of love. Oh how I miss watching him. It was experince for me to take care of him. Happy Bithday Brax!

juleahr said...

What a wonderful blog! I can't believe the little man is 7! Happy Birthday Braxy.
My how time flys! I love your little man (and Lexie too)thanks for sharing, Juleah

Jen-ben said...

That is so awesome Amy...your kids are getting so big! Ah...I miss Flag!